Your air conditioner is one of the most important appliances in your home during the summer. Not only does it keep you cool, but it also helps to protect your health and indoor air quality. That’s why it’s important to properly maintain your AC unit to ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently all summer long. Failing to do so can have serious consequences, both for your wallet and your comfort. Keep reading to learn more about the consequences of not obtaining AC maintenance in Warrenton, VA.
- Higher energy bills: If your AC unit isn’t running efficiently, it will have to work harder to cool your home, which will use more energy and raise your utility bills.
- Reduced cooling capacity: A dirty or poorly maintained AC unit won’t be able to cool your home as effectively as a clean one. This can be extremely uncomfortable, especially during a heatwave.
- Shortened lifespan: AC units that aren’t properly maintained will have a shorter lifespan than those that are. This means you’ll have to replace your unit more often, which can be costly. The AC replacement cost in Warrenton, VA, can be as high as $6,000, so it’s important to take care of your unit.
- Poor indoor air quality: A dirty AC unit can circulate dust, dirt, and other pollutants throughout your home, which can worsen allergies and respiratory problems.
- Counterproductive: All of the money you’re saving by not maintaining your AC unit will quickly be negated by the high energy bills, reduced cooling capacity, and shortened lifespan. In other words, it’s simply not worth it to skimp on AC maintenance.
If you want to avoid these consequences, be sure to schedule AC maintenance in Warrenton, VA, with a qualified HVAC contractor. They’ll be able to clean and inspect your unit to ensure that it’s running efficiently and effectively.
Fitzhugh Heating & Air provides AC maintenance as well as emergency AC services in Warrenton, VA, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today at 540-273-4566 to schedule an appointment.