As the cold weather creeps in, it’s important to make sure your heating system is prepared. Follow these five tips to help ensure your system is running efficiently and keeping you warm all winter long.
1. Change your furnace filter regularly: A dirty filter can decrease the efficiency of your heating system, costing you more money in the long run. Change your filter every month or two to keep everything running smoothly.
2. Inspect your ducts: Make sure there are no leaks or holes in your ductwork that could be causing energy loss. Sealing up any cracks or gaps can help keep the heat where it belongs- inside your home!
3. Clean registers and vents: Dust and dirt can build up over time on registers and vents, which can hamper airflow and reduce heating efficiency. Regular cleaning with a vacuum attachment can help keep things running smoothly.
4. Keep windows and doors closed: In winter, try to limit the amount of cold air that enters your home by keeping doors and windows shut as much as possible. This will help your furnace maintain a consistent temperature throughout the house.
5. Raise thermostat settings when away: If you’re going to be gone from home for an extended period, raise the thermostat setting by a few degrees so you’re not wasting energy heating an empty house.
By following these simple tips, you can help keep your heating system running efficiently and save money on your energy bills this winter. Seasonal heating maintenance is key to keeping your home comfortable all year long!
What Is Included In Seasonal Heating Maintenance Services?
Seasonal heating maintenance services typically include a thorough inspection of your heating system, followed by any necessary cleaning or repair work. Heating systems should be inspected and serviced at least once a year to ensure they are running efficiently and to prevent any potential safety hazards. Some common maintenance tasks that might be included in seasonal heating services are:
- Checking the thermostat and making sure it is accurate
- Cleaning or replacing air filters
- Inspecting and tightening electrical connections
- Lubricating moving parts
- Checking the flue pipe for blockages or leaks
- Measuring fuel pressure and combustion airflow
- Inspecting the heat exchanger for cracks or corrosion
- Testing safety controls
If any problems are found during the inspection, the technician will make the necessary repairs. Seasonal heating maintenance is an important part of keeping your home safe and comfortable all winter long.
At Fitzhugh Heating & Air, we offer seasonal heating maintenance services to keep your system running smoothly all winter long. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced, and we use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure a thorough inspection.
Contact Fitzhugh Heating and Air today at 540-273-4566to schedule a service appointment!