Summertime in Warrenton, VA is hot! And if your home’s AC unit isn’t cooling properly, it can be an uncomfortable and frustrating experience. Here are 10 reasons why your home air conditioning might not be cooling right and what you can do about it:
1. Dirty or clogged filter: A dirty filter can lower the efficiency of an air conditioner and cause it to work harder, leading to poor cooling. To get it fixed, you’ll need to change your air filters regularly.
2. Faulty thermostat: If your thermostat isn’t calibrated correctly, it can overheat your home. To make sure that your thermostat is working properly, check the batteries and adjust the temperature setting when necessary.
3. Refrigerant leaks: Low levels of refrigerant can cause poor cooling in an AC unit, so it’s important to have a technician inspect your system for any possible leaks. If you do find a leak, you’ll need to have it fixed immediately by scheduling AC repair in Warrenton, VA.
4. Clogged drain lines: If your drain lines become clogged with dirt and debris, the airflow in your system will be disrupted and it won’t cool efficiently. To fix this problem, you should get a professional technician to clean out the drain lines.
5. Blocked air flow: If the air vents in your home are blocked by furniture or blocked by curtains, this can reduce the amount of air circulating through your system and make it difficult for your AC unit to cool your home. To fix this problem, make sure that all of your vents are free from obstructions.
6. Incorrectly sized AC unit: If your AC unit is too large or too small for the space it’s trying to cool, it won’t work as effectively. To make sure you have an appropriately sized system, talk to a professional HVAC technician who can provide you with the best size estimate for your home.
7. Poor insulation: Insulation helps to keep the cool air in and the warm air out, so if your home has poor insulation it can make cooling difficult. To fix this problem, you may need to replace or add more insulation to your walls and attic.
8. Faulty compressor: An AC unit’s compressor is essential for proper cooling, so if it is not working properly, this can lead to inefficient cooling. If you think your compressor is faulty, it’s best to get it assessed by a professional technician.
9. Obstructed condenser lines: The condenser lines are responsible for transferring the refrigerant in and out of the AC unit, so if they become blocked by dirt and debris then this can prevent the system from cooling correctly. To fix this problem, you should have a technician inspect the condenser lines and clean them if necessary.
10. Worn-out components: Over time, parts of your AC unit can become worn out or damaged due to age and wear and tear. If you think any of your AC parts are worn out, it’s important to have them replaced by a professional technician. Schedule for AC installation in Warrenton, VA to get it fixed quickly.
If you’re experiencing poor cooling from your AC unit, then one (or more) of the above issues could be the cause. To get your home cooled down again, contact a qualified HVAC technician who can assess and diagnose the problem quickly and efficiently.
At Fitzhugh Heating and Air, we have experienced technicians who can help you with all of your AC woes.
Contact us today at 540-273-4566 to learn more about how we can help keep your home cool and comfortable during the summer months!